An Ultra Adventure!
An Ultra Adventure! Mountains, forests, pathways, beaches, rivers… An ultra marathon experience where you will meet yourself and your true limits!
Get ready for a unique journey of 100km! The race starts at 01:00 am, in Sep 24th, 2022 (The night connects Friday to Saturday). The course starts from Finike and finishes in Tekirova / Antalya.
|CP No||Check Point (CP)||CP Ara Mesafe / Km (CP Inter Distance)||Toplam Mesafe / Km (Total Distance)||CP Yükseklik (Altitude)||Zaman Sınırı (Time Barrier)||CP Cut-Off Süresi (CP Cut-Off Time)|
|START||FİNİKE||0||0||2||01:00 / Cmt||0 Saat / h|
|CP 1||Kumluca||10,7||10,7||1||03:00 / Cmt||2 saat / h|
|CP 2||Sahil Çıkış||8,5||19,2||6||05:00 / Cmt||4 saat / h|
|CP 3||Gelidonya||13,3||32,5||65||07:00 / Cmt||6 saat / h|
|Su Noktası 1||6,7||39,2||222|
|Su Noktası 2||4,9||44,1||129|
|CP 4||Adrasan (DROP BAG)||3,2||47,3||4||11:00 / Cmt||10 saat / h|
|CP 5||Musa||8,1||55,4||663||14:00 / Cmt||13 saat / h|
|CP 6||Çıralı||8,5||63,9||6||16:00 / Cmt||15 saat / h|
|CP 7||Ulupınar||7,2||71,1||281||18:00 / Cmt||17 saat / h|
|CP 8||Maden Koyu||14,3||85,4||5||22:00 / Cmt||21 saat / h|
|CP 9||Tekirova||9,1||94,5||44||23:59 / Cmt||23 saat / h|
|FINISH||MERKEZ||6,0||100,5||9||02:00 / Pzr||25 saat / h|
|Sep 23rd, 2022 (Friday)|
|12:00-20:00||Race Kit Delivery (Event Area - Tekirova Municipality Area)|
|18:00-19:30||Pasta Party (Event Area - Tekirova Municipality Area)|
|19:30||Online Briefing Q/A - 100K - 57K - 37K|
|23:30||Transfer for 100K start (Tekirova > Finike)|
(The Night connects Friday to Saturday)
|100K Start (Finike)|
|Sep 24th, 2022 (Saturday)|
|04:30||Transfer for 57K Start (Tekirova > Karaöz)|
|06:00||57K Start (Karaöz)|
|06:45||Transfer for 37K (Tekirova > Adrasan)|
|08:00||37K Start (Adrasan)|
|14:00 - 20:00||Kit Delivery for 20K|
|19:30||20K Online Briefing Q/A|
|20:30||100K & 57K & 37K Award Ceremonies|
|Sep 25th, 2022 (Sunday)|
|06:00 - 07:00||Late Kit Delivery|
|07:00||Transfer for 20K (Tekirova > Çıralı)|
|08:00||20K Start (Çıralı)|
|12:00||20K Award Ceremony|
|14:00||End of the organization|
Due to Covid-19 process, the organization will apply the rules in line with the announced recommendations for measures and practices by the Ministry of Health and the Athletics Federation (Athletics Federation of Turkey’s special contests manual). Depending on the pandemic process, the rules can be updated and changed. All rule updates will be posted on the event’s official "Race Rules" page. The participants are obliged to follow these rules regularly until the race day.
• The participation quota is limited with 500 runners.
• All starts will be given sequentially and intermittently, to minimize social contact. The time of the athletes will be measured starting from the moment the electronic chip measurement system is passed.
• Course must be completed in designated periods and conditions. Otherwise the race will not be counted as completed.
• Competitors must be minimum 18 years old.
• For participants under the age of 18, parents must fill out a waiver form.
• The course comprises check points. Each competitor is obliged to reach passing through the check points. If the competitor fails to pass through any check point will be disqualified.
• Each check point will be closed after a period which will be announced beforehand. Competitors who fail to reach the check point within this period will be disqualified. The timing of these periods is flexible due to race conditions and may be changed by the race director.
• Participants will be provided with food supplements, drinking water and hot water at designated checkpoints. Social distance rules will apply at control points. Necessary measures will be taken by the organization, with a maximum of 3 people at a checkpoint.
• All competitors are obliged to take and consume water. In case a competitor gets transfusion due to dehydration he/she gets time penalty of 2 hours for the first transfusion and 4 hours for the second. In case of a third transfusion, competitor is disqualified.
• For 100K runners, there will be 1 CP dedicated for DROP BAG area. Runners may use the bags that they will deliver beforehand in this CP.
• Differing across categories, competitors are obliged to carry the respective mandatory equipment of their categories in their backpacks. Competitors who fail to present mandatory equipment during the race are subject to disqualification. Organization staff and the referees hold the right to equipment and backpack check anytime during the race.
• Using any means of transportation (motor vehicle, bicycle, horse, donkey, mule carriage etc.) regardless of duration and distance results in disqualification.
• Competitors dropping litter anywhere out of main event area and specific points at check points are penalized with 2 hours time penalty for the first time and if repeated with disqualification. LYUM will be run in a natural and historical world heritage site. Any harm to natural and historical assets results in disqualification as well as considered as crime according to laws of Turkish Republic. In such case, the individual is responsible for the act.
• Continuously disturbing other competitors may lead to disqualification. The race director holds the right to decide in such situation
• There is a contingent for each category. If the contigent is filled for a category, priority belongs to registered (who completed the payment) participant.
• Cancellation and Refund policies are stated in the “ENTRY & ENTRY FEES” section.
• Registration finishes on Sep 19th, 2022. Switching between categories is not possible after registration.
• 100K participants must present their health report indicating that there is no obstacle to compete in the race. Kindly send your report’s copy to email@example.com and bring the original report to the event area.
→ Click here for health report example.
• The race requires high level physical and mental endurance. Thus the competitors must be well prepared. Each registrant signs a consent letter before the race.
• Scores for each competitor is assigned by adding the the time penalties (if there are any) to total time. In case of objections, records of the organizer’s will be taken as a basis. Arrival times to each check points will also be recorded.
• Highest rankers will be awarded with cups and medals in the award ceremony after the race. There is no money award.
• Professional rescue and health teams will be present during the race at all times. Main medical services will be given at the main camp and basic health services will be provided at the check points. The medical team will be on the course during the race. Medicals hold the right to disqualify a competitor in case there is a health issue. Yet it is preferred by the organizers that the competitor finishes the race.
• The race director is responsible of the race course and management during the race. The map of the race course will be delivered to competitors before the race. The race course is can be changed by the race director due to weather conditions or other reasons. Check point and main camp locations can again be changed by the race director.
• Competitors can commit their precious belongings and other belongings to staff before the race. These will be refunded at the end of the race. The responsibility of the equipment that will be carried in the backpacks during the race belongs to the competitor.
• Competitors may get sponsors. They are allowed to wear sponsor logo on their chests or backpacks as long as they don't cover the race number. Visibility of sponsor logos apart from these two locations is decided by the organization comitee.
• Competitors may discontinue the race at any point. The organization staff must be acknowledged and the document for discontinuation must be signed. No refunds will be paid in case of discontinuance.
• No refunds will be paid in case of absence of the mandatory equipment or breaking any of the rules above and in case of disqualification by the referee decision.
• All registered runners are responsible for collecting their race kits before the race. No kits will be delivered after the race.
• All registered runners are deemed to have accepted all of the race rules.
• Participants are supposed to complete the racecourse and reach the checkpoints within the given cut-off times.
• Participants who are not able to complete the courses in given times will be disqualified and will be transferred to the finish line by the organization.
• Disqualified / Withdrawn runners will NOT be allowed to continue in the race for any reason.
Following situations will be resulted in disqualification.
• Not complying with the social distance and health rules specified by the organization before and during the race
• Not passing by the checkpoints.
• Littering in the racecourse (except the checkpoints)
• Not carrying the bib number and the chip properly
• Refusing the health check or mandatory equipment check by the organizer
• Not carrying the mandatory equipment during the race.
All registered runners are deemed to have accepted all of the race rules.
Lycian Way Ultra Marathon 100K registration fees as follows:
|Early Reg.||Standard Reg.|
|15.01.2022 - 15.05.2022||16.05.2022 – 22.09.2022|
Important points about Registration:
• Registration to the organization is deemed to have been made by payment of the participation fee of the relevant category.
• Registration is only completed after the payment is made.
• Participants have to present the health report and mandatory equipment in order to collect the bib numbers.
• Registration fees or Bib numbers cannot be transferred to another athlete.
• If it is desired to make changes in the categories after the final registration,
*A fee with a lower participation fee will not be charged for a pass.
*A charge difference is added to a categorization with a higher participation fee.
• The registration will be closed on Sep 19th 2022. Changes / transitions between categories cannot be performed after the registration is closed.
Services Included in Participance Fee
- Start Transfers (Airport transfers will be charged as extra)
- Race Kit
- Cloth Bag
- Bib Number
- Race Chip
- Health Care Services
- Security Services
- Drop Bag – Bag Delivery
- Free pass from the antique cities
- Pasta Party
- Finisher Package
LYUM 100K Mandatory Equipment List:
• Race bag
• Mobile phone (For emergency calls, the mobile phone must be accessible before, during, and after the race. It is recommended to have a powerbank.
• Head lamp and batteries
• A water container (at least 1 liter)
• Cup (There will be no plastic glasses at the checkpoints and no water or beverages will be provided in plastic bottles.)
• Emergency blanket
• Elastic bandage
• Reflective vest or thin jacket
• Bib Number and timing chip (Assigned by the Organization-The bib number must be worn on the front of the t-shirt and visible from the front throughout the race.)
• Identity Card
In addition to the mandatory materials, it is recommended to have the following equipment:
- Additional Food Support (energy gel and bars, etc.)
- Sun Protector
- GPS watch or device
- Long sleeve top / Windstopper / Raincoat
- Elastic bandage / First Aid Kit
- Trail Shoes
- Hat, Headband
- Power bank
The event area will be in the Tekirova city center, where the start transfers and all finishes will take place.
There are public transportation options from Antalya-Kemer to Tekiorva.
Participants who want to come to the event area with their own vehicles can reach the event area from the link below:
* All categories will be transferred to the starting points at the times specified in the race schedule.
* Start Transfers are free.
LYUM AIRPORT TRANSFERS (Fees apply)
For Antalya Airport - Tekirova transportation you can contact Latitude Tour at the following number and email.
+90 532 663 0555
The main center of the event and all finishes will be in the district center of Tekirova.
For contracted hotels and hostels in Tekirova region, you can reach Latitude Tour at the following number: +90 532 663 05 55
- Hot weather and the long course should be taken in to consideration for the course comprises sharp descents and ascents, rough and varying terrains. Running all through the course might be hard. A fast walk may be required at some places. Running/walking ratio varies according to the performance of the competitor. Therefore:
*To succeed in an ultra marathon, the most important factor after endurance and fitness is a balanced diet. The balance and strategy of your diet during the race is as important as your physical stamina.
*It is best to exercise for the long stages. It is advised to change between running and walking during these exercises.
*Running/walking with a backpack imposes burden on different muscle groups. Therefore, it is best to do some parts of the exercises with a backpack, preferably with the same backpack to be used in the race and with the same weight. You may also want to exercise with the shoes you will use during the race.
- It is important to get accustomed to long exercises especially for the ultra marathon category. Your body should be fit for supporting at least an 8 hours walk with minimum breaks before the race.
- It can be useful to exercise in hot weather if possible.
- Exercise on a rough terrain. This way the muscles and tendons around ankles and knees will get stronger and injuries will be avoided.
- Exercise upslope and down. This way you will strengthen different muscle groups.
- It is important to strengthen waist and back muscles especially for carrying the backpack.
Advise for equipment:
Running and trekking shoes are advised. It is better to wear 1-2 size bigger shoes in case of swelling and bandage. The soles of the shoes shouldn't be too much soft for the running will take place at some sharp and rough rocky terrain. New shoes are not advised precisely. It is advised to exercise with the same shoes you will wear at the race.
Batons are helpful at steep ascents and descents. They take the heavy load from feet and add support from the arms. They are strongly suggested in such course.
Hats and Bandanas
Because of the high intensity of sun light during the marathon, hats or bandanas are absolutely necessary. Brimmed hats are advised for protecting the back of the neck.
Sunglasses are a must. It would be very difficult to complete this marathon without them.
High protective factor sun screens are an absolute necessity due to high level of UV rays.
- Food / nutritional supplements that are preferably intended to be consumed during running will be supplied by the runners and can be carried in backpacks.
- ‘FeedZones’ will be arranged on the race course by the event.
- It is important to pay attention to salt intake. It is recommended to consume plenty of salt and / or take salt tablets during the race.
Water Containers and Hydration Systems
Enough water will be provided at the check points. It would be more effective to consume water at intervals. For this reason, water tanks can be preferred for hands free movement.
• There will not be any Money prize in the race.
• All finishers receive a special race finisher medal.
• Runners who are ranked, will receive the trophy and special gifts from the organizer.
• Classification will be as follows:
* General (Men & Women)
* Women / Men Age < 40 (BD: 1983-2004)
* Women / Men Age 40 – 49 (BD: 1984-1973)
* Women / Men > 50 (BD: 1972 and before)
All handicapped athletes will have special medal.