Cross the Musa Mountain and reach the beaches of Olympos! LYUM 16K is for everyone from beginners to professionals who wish to enjoy this unique beauty and amazing adventure!
The race starts at 08:00, in September 29th, 2019, Sunday. The course starts from Adrasan (Antalya) and finishes in Çıralı / Antalya.
|CP No||Check Point (CP)||CP Inner Distance / Km||Total Distance / Km||Altitude||Time Limit||CP Cut-Off Times||Facilities|
|CP 1||Adrasan||0||0||1m||07:00 / Sunday||0:00|
|CP 2||Musa Dağı||7,1||7,1||673m||09:30 / Sunday||2.5 hour|
|FINISH||Çıralı||8,9||16,0||2m||12:00 / Sunday||5 hour|
|September 27th, 2019, Friday|
|09:00 – 17:00||100K Registration & Delivery of Race Kits|
|14:00 – 16:00||100K Pasta Party (Çıralı)|
|16:00||100K Technical Briefing (Çıralı)|
|16:30||100K Transfer to the start point | Çıralı- Belören|
|19:00||100K Belören Startt|
|September 28th, 2019, Saturday|
|09:00 – 20:00||16K – 37K Registration & Delivery of Race Kits (Çıralı)|
|17:30 – 19:00||16K – 37K Pasta Party|
|19:00 - 20:00||16K – 37K Technical Briefing|
|September 29th, 2019, Sunday|
|4:00||37K Transfer to the start point | Çıralı – Karaöz|
|6:00||37K Karaöz Start|
|6:45||16K Transfer to the start point | Çıralı – Adrasan|
|8:00||16K Adrasan Start|
|14:00||Award Ceremonies (All Categories)|
• Course must be completed in designated periods and conditions. Otherwise the race will not be coounted as completed.
• Competitors must be minimum 18 years old.
• The course comprises check points. Each competitor is obliged to reach passing through the check points. If the competitor fails to pass through any check point will be disqualified.
• Each check point will be closed after a period which will be announced beforehand. Competitors who fail to reach the check point within this period will be disqualified. The timing of these periods is flexible due to race conditions and may be changed by the race director.
• Participants will receive water and food (snacks) support at the checkpoints.
• All competitors are obliged to take and consume water. In case a competitor gets transfusion due to dehydration he/she gets time penalty of 2 hours for the first transfusion and 4 hours for the second. In case of a third transfusion, competitor is disqualified.
• Differing across categories, competitors are obliged to carry the respective mandatory equipment of their categories in their backpacks. Competitors who fail to present mandatory equipment during the race are subject to disqualification. Organization staff and the referees hold the right to equipment and backpack check anytime during the race.
• Using any means of transportation (motor vehicle, bicycle, horse, donkey, mule carriage etc.) regardless of duration and distance results in disqualification.
• Competitors dropping litter anywhere out of main event area and specific points at check points are penalized with 2 hours time penalty for the first time and if repeated with disqualification. LYUM will be run in a natural and historical world heritage site. Any harm to natural and historical assets results in disqualification as well as considered as crime according to laws of Turkish Republic. In such case, the individual is responsible for the act.
• Continuously disturbing other competitors may lead to disqualification. The race director holds the right to decide in such situation
• There is a contingent for each category. If the contigent is filled for a category, priority belongs to registered (who completed the payment) participant.
• Cancellation and Refund policies are stated in the “Participation Fee” section.
• Registration finishes on September 23, 2019. Switching between categories is not possible after registration.
• 16K participants are not required to present health report.
• The race requires high level physical and mental endurance. Thus the competitors must be well prepared. Each registrant signs a consent letter before the race.
• Scores for each competitor is assigned by adding the the time penalties (if there are) to total time in all stages. In case of objections records of the organizers will be taken as a basis. Arrival times to each check points will also be recorded.
• In Team Races category each team comprises unlimited competitors and the race is run on the same course. Teams’ final time is determined by calculating the best 3 of the team. Highest rankers will be awarded with cups and medals in the award ceremony after the race. There is no money award.
• Professional rescue and health teams will be present during the race at all times. Main medical services will be given at the main camp and basic health services will be provided at the check points. The medical team will be on the course during the race. Medicals hold the right to disqualify a competitor in case there is a health issue. Yet it is preferred by the organizers that the competitor finishes the race.
• The race director is responsible of the race course and management during the race. The map of the race course will be delivered to competitors before the race. The race course is can be changed by the race director due to weather conditions or other reasons. Check point and main camp locations can again be changed by the race director. Race director briefs the competitors about the daily course each night.
• Competitors can commit their precious belongings and other belongings to staff before the race. These will be refunded at the end of the race. The responsibility of the equipment that will be carried in the backpacks during the race belongs to the competitor.
• Competitors may get sponsors. They are allowed to wear sponsor logo on their chests or backpacks as long as they don't cover the race number. Visibility of sponsor logos apart from these two locations is decided by the organization comitee.
• Competitors may discontinue the race at any point. The organization staff must be acknowledged and the document for discontinuation must be signed. ID cards are refunded at this point and race cannot be continued but the competitor is free to run the rest of the stages. No refunds will be paid in case of discontinuance.
• No refunds will be paid in case of absence of the mandatory equipment or breaking any of the rules above and in case of disqualification by the referee decision.
• All registered runners are responsible for collecting their race kits before the race. No kits will be delivered after the race.
• All registered runners are deemed to have accepted all of the race rules.
Following situations will be resulted in disqualification.
• Not passing by the checkpoints.
• Littering in the racecourse (except the checkpoints)
• Not carrying the bib number and the chip system properly
• Refusing the health check or mandatory equipment check by the organizer
• Not carrying the mandatory equipment during the race.
All registered runners are deemed to have accepted all of the race rules.
Lycian Way Ultra Marathon 16K registration fees as follows:
|Early Reg.||Std Reg.||Late Reg.|
|04.02.2019 - 31.03.2019||01.04.2019 - 31.07.2019||01.08.2019 - 23.09.2019|
|180 TL||210 TL||240 TL|
Important points about entry:
• Registration to the organization is deemed to have been made by payment of the participation fee of the relevant category.
• Registration is only completed after the payment is made.
• Participants have to present the mandatory equipment in order to collect the bib numbers.
• Registration fees or chest numbers cannot be transferred to another athlete.
• If it is desired to make changes in the categories after the final registration,
*A fee with a lower participation fee will not be charged for a pass.
*A charge difference is added to a categorization with a higher participation fee. The registration will be closed in September 23nd. Changes / transitions between categories cannot be performed after the registration is closed.
Services Included in Participance Fee
• Race Kit
• Cloth Bag
• Bib Number
• Race Chip
• Start Transfers
• Health Care Services
• Security Services
• Pasta Party
• Finisher Package
Mandatory Equipment for 16K:
- Mobile phone
- At least 1 liter of water bottle
- Cup (There will NOT be plastic cups at the checkpoints and NO water will be given in plastic water bottles.)
The main event area will be in ÇIRALI, ANTALYA. All the finishes will be here. (Starting points are different and the runners will be transferred to the start points by the organization from ÇIRALI.
For those who wish to come to event area by their own means should follow the location stated below:
Start transfers are free.
Airport transfers will be 20 TL for each participants for one way.
(Transfer forms will be announced here before the race)
Start transferleri ücretsizdir.
27 September 2019, Friday
13:00 100K Antalya Airport – Çıralı
28 September 2019, Saturday
13:00 16K – 37K Antalya Airport – Çıralı
29 September 2019, Sunday
14:00 Çıralı – Antalya Airport (All Categories)
From training routines to diet, helpful tips for preperation and race time.
- Hot weather and the long course should be taken in to consideration for the course comprises sharp descents and ascents, rough and varying terrains. Running all through the course might be hard. A fast walk may be required at some places. Running/walking ratio varies according to the performance of the competitor. Therefore:
* To succeed in an ultra marathon, the most important factor after endurance and fitness is a balanced diet. The balance and strategy of your diet during the race is as important as your physical stamina.
* It is best to exercise for the long stages. It is advised to change between running and walking during these exercises.
* Running/walking with a backpack imposes burden on different muscle groups. Therefore, it is best to do some parts of the exercises with a backpack, preferably with the same backpack to be used in the race and with the same weight. You may also want to exercise with the shoes you will use during the race.
- It is important to get accustomed to long exercises especially for the ultra marathon category. Your body should be fit for supporting at least an 8 hours walk with minimum breaks before the race.
- It can be useful to exercise in hot weather if possible.
- Exercise on a rough terrain. This way the muscles and tendons around ankles and knees will get stronger and injuries will be avoided.
- Exercise upslope and down. This way you will strengthen different muscle groups.
- It is important to strengthen waist and back muscles especially for carrying the backpack.
Advise for equipment:
Running and trekking shoes are advised. It is better to wear 1-2 size bigger shoes in case of swelling and bandage. The soles of the shoes shouldn't be too much soft for the running will take place at some sharp and rough rocky terrain. New shoes are not advised precisely. It is advised to exercise with the same shoes you will wear at the race.
Batons are helpful at steep ascents and descents. They take the heavy load from feet and add support from the arms. They are strongly suggested in such course.
Hats and Bandanas
Because of the high intensity of sun light during the marathon, hats or bandanas are absolutely necessary. Brimmed hats are advised for protecting the back of the neck.
Sunglasses are a must. It would be very difficult to complete this marathon without them.
High protective factor sun screens are an absolute necessity due to high level of UV rays.
- Food / nutritional supplements that are preferably intended to be consumed during running will be supplied by the runners and can be carried in backpacks.
- ‘FeedZones’ will be arranged on the race course by the event.
- It is important to pay attention to salt intake. It is recommended to consume plenty of salt and / or take salt tablets during the race.
Water Containers and Hydration Systems
Enough water will be provided at the check points. It would be more effective to consume water at intervals. For this reason, water tanks can be preferred for hands free movement.
• There will not be any Money prize in the race.
• All finishers receive a special race finisher medal.
• Runners who are ranked, will receive the trophy and special gifts from the organizer.
• Classification will be as follows:
* General (Men & Women)
* Women / Men Age < 35 (BD: 1985-2001)
* Women / Men Age 35 – 49 (BD: 1970-1984)
* Women / Men > 50 (BD: 1969 and before)
The classification for handicapped participants as follows:
• Hearing – Upper extremity
All handicapped athletes will have special medal. Every athlete who ranked in 3 in each category will have the trophy.
Mehmet Ali Kiper
Seda Nur Çelik
Ümmü Nihal Tırpan
Jim Werner Amdal
Rabia Şeyma Mengi
Süleyman Burak Ünal
Mustafa necip Dundar
Emin Emre Eren
Bahri bülent Özel
Valeriya Vergilova Alipieva
MEHMET FATİH KURT
cumhur fahri amasyalı
Bekir Muhsin Arpaözü
Duygu Demir Göksu
Tanyar Ablak Ablak
macit kubilay özkan
Sanem Karacan Orfanlı
Mehmet Milhan DALGIC
engin reşat mete
Mehmet Muhtar Gucum
Işıl Arısoy Kaya
Senem Sultan Karanfil
Dylan Netter Netter
Onur Murat İNAL
AHMET HAKAN UNSAL
İbrahim Edhem Mahrebel
Nihal sibel Özer
MEHMET ALİ ÇAY
Özlem Can Güngör
Tuğçe Buket Aydın
Nilay Ersen Ersen
Onur Kerim Dermanlı
Elif Yucal Yucal
ismail önder ünal
Melis Ece Ünal
Fatma Ülker Bircan
Guruduth Ramanatha Marur
Tuğçe Fışkın Genç